Monday, January 16, 2012

YSL to the Rescue


Let's talk about red. I'm not going to call it my favorite color because I love many colors, but it's definitely up there. Mainly, I love to use red as a pop of color, and in particular, I am gaga over two items in red: shoes and lipstick. For a few years now, I have been in hot pursuit of the perfect shade of red lipstick. I haven't been to every makeup counter to sample every shade, but after you buy a few tubes of the wrong shade, it's discouraging and the receipts add up.

My favorite color to date (prior to Saturday) was Revlon's Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick in Top Tomato (you know, the shade that Jennifer Connelly was wearing in that commercial a few years ago); however, I don't love the texture of the lipstick. My most recent attempt was Kate Spade's Supercalifragilipstick in Adventurous Red, and I had the opposite conundrum: I love the texture, but it's a sheer red, and thus, more of a lovely pink shade. 

I'm happy to report, though, that the search is over.  Enter Yve Saint Laurent's Rouge Pur Couture lipstick in Le Rouge. It's long-lasting (which is great because fading red lipstick is a faux pas, yeah?), it doesn't dry out my lips, and the color is superb. Yessss!

Image: 1

No comments: