Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

I've got a whole stack of books on my bedside table, I'd say around five or six titles. One such book is Even Cowgirls Get the Blues by Tom Robbins. I've said it once, I'll say it again: I'm drawn to new books by either cool covers or cool titles. This one had me sold because I think cowgirls are the bomb dot com. Oh oh, and the main character's name is Sissy Hankshaw, don't you love it already?

Here's how I found it: Back in December, I was reading one of A Cup of Jo's gift guides and found out about Diane Keaton's new memoir Then Again. I then hopped over to the Amazon book preview, and in one of her mother's notebooks, Diane's mom wrote about reading the book. So now I'm reading Even Cowgirls Get the Blues, just like Diane Keaton's mom!
Bygone Walla Walla via Tomboy Style

This one was taken at Frontier Days in Cheyenne, Wyoming in 1924. I went to Frontier Days in Cheyenne back in 2008 and it rocked. I did not look half as awesome as these cowgirls. via The National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum





Mabel Strickland via Oh, You Cowgirl!

Helen Bonham was selected Miss Wyoming at the 1917 Frontier Days in Cheyenne. via John Wayne, The Movies and The Old West

No comments: