Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

 That's right, that's a snapshot from Twilight, but you probably already knew that. After being adamantly opposed to the whole Twilight Saga, I watched the first movie on Sunday night with Java Lady, and...I liked it. Besides the hilarious vampire banter and corny one-liners, it wasn't so bad. I know I'm three years late, but whatever. I'm admitting this in honor of Valentine's Day, and I kind of want to watch the other movies in the saga as well. Team Edward gets one point from me thus far.

Here's what I'm listening to today, in honor of this lovely occasion:
  1. "Use Somebody" performed by Laura Jansen (This cover is sooo sexy.)
  2. "Kiss the Rain" by Billie Myers (If you don't at least secretly love this song, please leave my blog right now.)  
  3. "Emmylou" by First Aid Kit (It's so sweet, but has anyone else been noticing several of the Johnny and June references in songs these days? That's right, I'm calling you out Heidi Newfield and Katy Perry.)
  4. "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None the Richer (My favorite part of this song is the harmonica at the end because I think harmonica playing is sexy, which leads me to my next selection...)
  5. "Baby, I'm in the Mood for You" by Bob Dylan (What a classic. I feel like I say that about every Bob Dylan song...)
 Go eat some chocolate (no smooches required) and and have a great Valentine's Day!

No comments: