Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday, I'm in Love

My no-plans-low-key weekend morphed from, "Oh hey [insert friends' names here], I'm making soup beans and cornbread for dinner on Friday, want to come over?" to a southern-themed dinner party, where friends who show up in flannel-checked shirts or don a southern accent get extra points (and by extra points I mean an extra scoop of ice cream to go with Java Lady's blondies). In any event, I finally get to use a pack of bandana plates that have been in my pantry for quite some time, and I'm pretty excited about it. Hopefully we'll throw in some portraiture hilarity just for kicks and I'll be able to share photos on here. I wish I had a horse tied up out back for our photo-taking shenanigans, but cowboy boots and home-canned goods will have to do for props. Lonesome Dove will be playing in the background, and I hope the dinner is a success (aka, I hope my friends like it) because I love soup beans and cornbread. I'm suddenly wondering how dinner turned from southern to western themed with cowboy boots...ahh, probably because my dad loves Lonesome Dove, my mom makes the best soup beans and cornbread ever, which is the ultimtate southern food in my opinion. I'm just now wishing I was making fried chicken to accompany this fare.

Also, I'm in my first-ever book club. We have our first meeting on Sunday to discuss The Buddha in the Attic by Julie Otsuka. I have to say, I wouldn't have chosen the book to read on my own because its premise is about Japanese mail order brides back in the day (not that it's a bad premise), but I think the writing is pretty great!

Anyway, have a lovely weekend!

No comments: