Monday, September 14, 2009

Summerlong Part One

This weekend was absolutely fabulous. On Saturday, I went to the Farmer's Market with my landlord, dear friend and co-worker K., also known by her license plates as "Java Lady."
We've established a ritual of going to the farmer's market and then going to a coffee shop for a latte afterward. We've discovered the absolute best mocha lattes in Charlottesville at a place called The Baker's Palette:
Here's the girl making our yummy mocha lattes; isn't that wall-hanging awesome?
And this is why we call her "Java Lady:"
I then went to the UVA v. TCU football game with K., K.'s parents and two of his former roommates, Chazz and D. Pet. It was D. Pet's and my first football game at UVA as alumni, and I must say that it was kind of strange. It made me feel a bit nostalgic about college, but then again, I can't really say that the team did us proud, and the weather was perfect, so who cares?
Go 'Hoos!
Cav Man! (apparently, Cav Man fell off his horse during the course of the game, but I was unable to see the hilarity occur.)
I video-interviewed Chazz and D. Pet about their experiences at the game on this day. D. Pet used to work for UVA as a media sports photographer while he was in college, so he's very knowledgeable about what was going on in the game, unlike myself. Chazz is in medical school at UVa now, and I got a little glimpse of what that must be like (not really)...I'm going to add those videos soon. Maybe tomorrow... On Sunday, I found a hidden treasure practically in my back yard. There is a path through the woods beside of my house that leads to Azalea Park, complete with a ballpark (a kickball league monopolizes this space) and.........wait for it, wait for it, a playground. And swings. That was my favorite thing to do during recess in elementary school.
Here's the path:

No comments: