Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday, I'm in Love

...with my new camera battery charger that is in the mail! This is the reason why my blog has been merely text. I have a project I want to share that requires before and after photos...

...with Chipotle. Say Chipotle and I will come at you like one of Pavlov's dogs. Just kidding, that actually sounds kind of scary. Seriously, though, if someone mentions the word, I start craving it and can't stop until I eat there. I order the burrito, and if I'm getting it to go, I order the burrito bowl (Something about the way the sour cream warms up and gets pasty in the car ride between burrito conception and home gives me the heebie-jeebies). Tonight, my roomie A. and I are getting takeout for dinner. She's getting hers from Ming Dynasty, a local Chinese joint, and I'm getting my beloved Chipotle. Here's what I'm getting in my burrito bowl tonight: rice, black beans, chicken, fresh tomato salsa, extra sour cream, cheese and lettuce. And the coolest thing about Chipotle is that if you don't feel like standing in line, you can order online and just go straight to the register and pick it up at the time you specify. Score. I've been wanting an iPhone for a long time now, and if I ever get one, the first order of business is getting the Chipotle ordering app. Please don't make fun of me.

...with Effie's Homemade Oat Cakes. My roommate A. brought them to our house a couple weeks ago (from Feast!), and I need to buy her a replacement bag. I tried to sneak a couple for tea about every morning, and er, I think she may have noticed when the bag starting losing weight. For the most part, I think store bought desserts are super lame, but these are my favorite tea cookies right now. Eat some!

...with the OTBT Park City Flats! Years ago, Palladium made these shoes, and then after the fact (seasons later), I tried to find them without success. I guess I had fallen off the turnip truck when they came out.  I walked into a local shoe store and heard the little darlings screeching, "We're over here!" at me from the shelf. What a wonderful surprise! Apparently, OTBT and Palladium are sister companies. These days, Palladium is the more casual face of the operation (boots, kicks, etc.), and OTBT is the dressier face (flats, hills, etc.).I have them in black and adore them. I love that they are leather, they have elastic straps (for comfort) and a rubber sole, and they can be dressed up or down. These are some practical shoes! I'm sold, folks.

This time next week, I'll be schlepping around the garment district in New York, but I don't want to wish the time away. I'm planning to have a nice, rejuvenating weekend; I hope you do the same.

No comments: