Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Can we talk about my new favorite meal?

On Saturday I bought a rotisserie chicken. You can catch me buying them quite frequently in the spring and summer months because the last thing I want to do is turn on the oven in my cottage, which lacks central air. 

The whole reason I bought the rotisserie chicken was because I had a hankering for some chicken salad. When the warm weather arrives, I crave the stuff; therefore, I considered my refrigerator to be in a state of emergency on Monday when the temperature hit 70 degrees and there was no chicken salad to be found. In an effort to properly welcome the 80 degree days we've been having, I made chicken salad, which consisted of chicken, green grapes, halved, celery and my mom's secret recipe for chicken salad dressing.

To supplement my chicken salad, I threw the following into a skillet with some olive oil, and seasoned it with minced garlic, pink sea salt, black pepper, and a teensy bit of butter (because butter makes everything taste better):

Yellow onion slices
Orange bell pepper, sliced
Handful of fresh spinach
Feta cheese
 
This vegetable stir fry (Is it a "stir fry" if there's no soy sauce involved? Maybe that's a stupid question.) is going on the regular rotation for me this spring. I've not been feeling very inspired in the culinary department lately, so I got really excited about my new, simple meal. I love finding joy in the small things.

1 comment:

Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen said...

Can we talk about how you cook peppers perfectly in a skillet?