Wednesday, August 25, 2010

We Rogues of Wool

This past weekend I visited my family in Lebanon.  It was very good to see everyone; per the usual, Mom had wonderful food waiting on the stove when I walked in the door.  She also had another little surprise waiting for me...

Behold! I re-introduce Lucky to you, not as a savage, wilder'n a buck kitten, but as a domesticated-porch-residing cutie who loves to be petted and held by my Mom.  When Lucky isn't cat napping, er ,ruining the red-and-white-checked porch cushions for which Mom searched the earth dry a couple of years ago, he sits at the kitchen window and watches my mom.  He is adorable and if I had to guess, a little spoiled with all the half-and-half he's been consuming over the past few weeks.

Mom and Lucky:


What started as a Sunday crafternoon to hang out with good friends and work on projects has turned into an every Tuesday evening venture that we are fond of calling Crafterdinner.  Here's how it all began.  Back in May, I was invited to a bridal shower for Poochie, who got married on August 7, hosted by one of her bridesmaids S.  When I arrived at the shower, I had the Jill bag with me, and S. told me that she had made the exact same bag!  She then suggested a crafternoon since we were both sewers.  Well, crafternoon came into fruition sometime in July, right around the time I began knitting, and Poochie wanted to learn how to knit post-wedding project completion.  Nowadays, we call it Crafterdinner because we meet up post-dinner (on second thought, the name seems kind of obvious), and it has taken the form of a three-musketeers-esque knitting party. 


Friends, it is with great honor that I introduce the Crafterdinner Crew (from left to right:  Poochie, S. and me).
Photo taken by Poochie's hubby M.


Crafterdinner in action!
Photo taken by Poochie's hubby M.


 Obviously, S. is the most experienced knitter in our midst at Crafterdinner, look at her daisy stitch hand warmers!  

Poochie and I are looking forward to the many tricks she will impart to us from her brain full of knitting knowledge, and as an update, I am able to honestly say that I see the light at the end of the tunnel on my scarf.  I'm on the look out for a new, challenging project now; my dad was so sweet to buy me some new yarn at A Likely Yarn in Abingdon, VA when I was home visiting this past weekend.  I will have to take a picture of it to share; it's multicolored hand-painted 100% wool.

No comments: